Build UK Trade Association members
Information for Members
- The Government’s Insolvency Service has confirmed that work has paused on all Carillion construction sites, pending decisions as to how and if they will be restarted.
- PwC has met with the banks who have committed to agreeing special arrangements for affected creditors.
- Build UK and CECA, working with Wedlake Bell, have published a factsheet answering FAQs from those companies affected. Please share this with your members and let us know if they have any further questions which should be included.
Leading the Industry
- On Wednesday, Suzannah Nichol attended a further meeting with Government and PwC where she highlighted the need for PwC to differentiate between Carillon’s construction projects and service contracts when communicating with creditors.
- Build UK and CECA published a statement calling on Government to offer support for the supply chain.
- We continue to feature in the media with appearances on BBC News and Sky News as well as interviews with The Guardian and The Times.
Build UK continues to work with Government and PwC to understand which construction projects were being undertaken by Carillion.
To ensure that we can support the supply chain companies at risk and provide information to Government on the impact on the supply chain, we are continuing to ask for information on:
- The amount(s) that businesses are owed; and
- The % of turnover this represents.