This programme is intended for Novice level.
The programme will be open to any individual nominated by their employer. It will consist of 5 off-site training days which are spread over a period of 12 months and will include:
- 3 Days classroom and practical training
- 2 Days Mock Testing – to be undertaken once on-site experience is gained
- 1 Day on-site assessment
The classroom training is carried out at nominated training centre in England and Scotland where groups of approximately 4-6 persons can be accommodated. The on-site monitoring will be carried out during normal working hours under the supervision of a designated experienced person from the employer based on the DSA Code of Safe Working Practice. A log book will be provided to prove working hours.
- Operatives will receive training in the following:
- Introduction to the machines
- Roles and responsibilities
- Preparing for work
- Traveling and manoeuvring
- Setting up for work
- Working tasks
- Shutting down
- General maintenance
Advantages of the programme
- The programme is linked to an NVQ level 2 Diploma in Demolition Plant.
- There are substantial grants available from the CITB for training via this route
- It is another factor in persuading clients that we have a professional, trained workforce
Find out more about our training. Get in touch today.